DENTAL PORCELAIN for Alumina Framework Restorations
CERABIEN is a porcelain specially developed to make all ceramic crowns（bridges）, using Alumina frameworks. It does not cause any allergies and has the advantage to have no black lines in the cervical area. The thermal expansion of CERABIEN is totally different from that of porcelain fused to metal. Therefore, mixing or using with porcelain fused to metal is not recommended.
Outstanding Resistance to Fractures:
The coefficient of thermal expansion of Cerabien is extremely stable. It is almost entirely unaffected by repeated baking even if the cooling rate varies. Therefore, it reduces the risk of fractures to the same degree as Noritake Super Porcelain EX-3.
Outstanding Resistance to Chipping:
Cerabien has an outstanding resistance to chipping and cracking during grinding for morphological corrections because it has special kind of filler.
Reproduction of the natural color shades:
- Warm and life-like restorations can be realized without the excessive grayness of ordinary all-ceramic crowns.
- Its excellent chroma and value are the result of the perfect balance between Alumina framework and porcelain so that a very natural appearance is easily realized.
- Cerabien has an ideal fluorescence.
Excellent compatibility and bonding with alumina framework
|Cerabien||Cerabien ZR (CZR)||Super Porcelain EX-3|
The thermal expansion of Cerabien is entirely different from those of other porcelains. Therefore, mixing or using with other porcelains is not recommended.
Color Combination Table
Baking Schedule for Cerabien
Application of Cerabien
Application on PROCERA® frameworks
- Making a framework Suitable for Margin Porcelain Application
- Margin application increases the translucency of the cervical area considerably. A much more natural appearance can be achieved. Also, it may be used to make repairs on the margin area of the framework.
The preparation must be chamfer-type with a well-rounded internal angle. Do not attempt to make a framework for a shoulder preparation; the PROCERAｨ scanner cannot read a sharp internal angle. The scanner will read the corner as if it were rounded, leaving a gap between the framework and the tooth. If one were to put margin porcelain on such a framework, the fit will be poor.
- Laboratory Methods for PROCERA® frameworks
- Technique I. Cutback with a diamond bur.
Use a diamond bur to reduce the margin of the framework. Use water to avoid excess temperatures. Sandblast with 50 micron alumina at 0.3 MPa (40 psi). Caution: excess pressure, coarse diamond burs and high speed grinding all lead to chipping and fractures.
In this case, making the PROCERA® framework is the same as in the no-margin-porcelain case.
- Technique II. Scan a reduced duplicate die.
Take an impression of the die and make a die stone duplicate. To make a reduced framework that leaves enough space for the margin porcelain, trim the duplicate die margin excessively to create a new “false” margin line. (The “false” margin should be shifted radially inward by an amount equal to the desired thickness of margin porcelain.) Scanning the “false” margin die gives you a framework “already cut-back” for the margin porcelain.
In this case, the Scanning Technician follows the same procedures as in the no-margin-porcelain case.
- Technique III. Make a reduced coping from a normal die by data manipulation.
Scan the normally trimmed die as usual. First choose the margin line as usual. Then adjust the margin line in the area in which margin porcelain is to be applied by running PREPARATIONS/SET MARGIN LINE again. In that area, mark a new margin line that leaves enough space for the desired thickness of margin porcelain.
In this case, the responsibility for the framework reduction lies entirely with the Scanning Technician.
- CERABIEN FULL KIT
- CERABIEN is a porcelain specially developed to make all ceramic crowns（bridges）, using Alumina frameworks. It does not cause any allergies and has the advantage to have no black lines in the cervical area. The thermal expansion of CERABIEN is totally different from that of porcelain fused to metal. Therefore, mixing or using with porcelain fused to metal is not recommended.
- CERABIEN MARGIN KIT
- MARGIN PORCELAIN is developed exclusively for the combination application with Alumina framework. In addition to ordinary usage, it can be used to correct a chip in the Alumina framework. The use of MAGIC FORMER as forming liquid is highly recommended.
- CERABIEN OPACIOUS BODY KIT
- OPACIOUS BODY can be used to achieve delicate colors and to control translucency.
- CERABIEN LUSTER KIT
- LUSTER PORCELAIN reproduces natural enamel in both surface features and color.
•LUSTER PORCELAIN reproduces the fine surface structure and luster of natural teeth.
•A unique combination of fine surface particles produces a selective reflection of light that results in the same opalescence seen in natural teeth.
•“Creamy White” is also available as individual item.
- CERABIEN INTERNAL STAIN KIT
- Using INTERNAL STAIN, it is possible to replicate many of the most intricate three-dimensional patterns of shade variation found in natural teeth.
- CERABIEN EXTERNAL STAIN KIT
- EXTERNAL STAIN reproduces the great variety of color shades observed on the surface of natural teeth.
- Technical Instructions
- CERABIEN Technical Instruction (526.29 kB)
- CZR/CZR PRESS/CZR PRESS LF (8.64 MB)